We have compiled a list of our most frequently asked pilates questions. If we haven’t answered yours please contact Eileen at firstname.lastname@example.org. You should receive either a complete answer or an acknowledgement that we’re researching your question within 24 hours.
Questions about Pilates Exercise
What is STOTT PILATES?
What are the benefits of STOTT PILATES?
- Longer, leaner muscles (less bulk, more freedom of movement)
- Improves postural problems and helps prevent injury
- Increases core strength/stability and peripheral mobility
- Balances strength & flexibility, and enhances ease of movement
- Heightens body awareness
- No-impact easy on the joints
- Can be customized for everyone from rehab patients to elite athletes
- Improves performance in sports
- Improves balance, coordination & circulation
What are the principles behind STOTT PILATES?
What is the difference between the Stott Method and other Pilates techniques?
Will I get the same results with a mat workout as with a Reformer/equipment workout?
If I'm doing pilates, should I still do my regular workout?
What kind of results can I expect to see from doing STOTT PILATES?
How is STOTT PILATES different from weight training or other resistance exercise?
- Pilates is three-dimensional (exercises can use all movement planes)
- Spring resistance more closely resembles muscular contraction
- Emphasis on concentric/eccentric contraction for injury prevention
- Stott Pilates can be customized for special needs
- In pilates exercise, emphasis is placed on rebalancing muscles around the joints
- Pilates corrects over-training and muscle imbalance that leads to injury
- Pilates emphasizes balancing strength with flexibility
- STOTT PILATES leads to an improvement in posture and body awareness.
Will I grow by doing STOTT PILATES?
How often should I do Pilates?
I have a bad back. Will I be able to do pilates?
How long is each class?
Where should I park?
- Hourly parking is available in the Chapman parkade. It is secure, convenient and well lit.
- Metered street parking is also available on Pandosy Street, Lawrence and Leon Avenues. Meter rates are in effect from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday.
What are the studio hours of operation?
- Hours of operation will be flexible and developed around the needs of OPH clients.
- The Studio functions by appointment only as space and equipment availability are limited.
It is my first visit to OPH, what should I bring?
- Pilates is best done in breathable form fitting clothing.
- Pilates is done in bare feet so arrive in clean, easy to remove footwear.
- Studio amenities include a small multipurpose change room / washroom, with no shower facilities.
- Closet and non lockable cubbies are available for item storage. Please do not bring valuables.